A slip and fall injury may not seem serious, but you can sustain significant injuries that result in high medical bills and other losses that compensation can cover. Property owners in Plant City, Florida, have a duty to prevent guests from harm, especially if they know or should know about the dangers on their land. Failing to warn guests or take precautions to keep them safe properly is negligent.
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because of a property owner’s negligence, you may have a premises liability case that a slip and fall lawyer from Dismuke Law can handle in Plant City while you focus on healing. Our personal injury team can talk with you today during a free consultation.
Your Plant City Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Recover Damages for You
You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and financial losses if your slip and fall accident is the result of negligence. A slip and fall attorney from our firm can help you recover damages in Plant City, FL, so you can regain a sense of normalcy and begin the process of rebuilding your life.
There are two types of recoverable damages we can seek on your behalf. The first is economic damages, which are damages that have a monetary value and include:
- Medical expenses (past, ongoing, and future)
- Lost income
- Lost future earning ability
- Property damage
- Physical therapy
The second type is non-economic damages, which are damages that are more difficult to calculate but are no less valid, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of companionship
We have recovered millions for our personal injury clients, so we will use our experience to help you pursue damages that could cover your losses.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost someone you love due to fatal injuries in a slip and fall accident, we offer our sincerest condolences. We understand this loss is painful and that you must take time to grieve. Our wrongful death attorney can handle your case so that you can focus on taking that time. We can seek wrongful death damages that typically cover medical bills, lost income, and funeral costs.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall lawyer serving Plant City, call 863-250-5050
Ways a Plant City Slip and Fall Lawyer From Our Firm Can Benefit Your Case
Hiring a personal injury lawyer is a big decision, so naturally, you want to know how our firm will handle your case. What benefits do we offer? How can we build your case for compensation?
If you hire Dismuke Law, our Plant City slip and fall lawyer will:
- Travel to you: We believe everyone should have access to legal representation. If you cannot travel to our office to discuss your case, we can come to you. Our clients are like family, so we will be there for you from the beginning to help you with recovery after an accident.
- Investigate the accident: We can investigate the accident scene to note any hazards and determine who is liable for your damages and how they demonstrated negligence in your case. We will also collect evidence to build your case, such as medical expenses, safety reports, inspection logs, video surveillance footage, photographs, witness statements, and expert opinions.
- Assess your case’s value: We will review the value of your economic, non-economic, and wrongful death damages into account so we can seek a compensation package that adequately covers your losses. This also helps us determine if any settlement offers from the liable party’s insurance provider are fair or not.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate with the insurance provider on your behalf to reach a fair settlement.
- File a lawsuit: We will file a lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary to recover compensation for you. Most cases settle out of court, but we are not afraid to present your case to a jury and we prepare every case for court for that very reason.
We strongly urge you to consult with an attorney after a slip and fall accident to review your options and ask questions. We will guide you step by step through the legal process and provide regular updates on the status of your case.
Plant City Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Hiring a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Plant City, FL
We believe everyone should have access to legal representation regardless of their financial status. If you are hesitating to obtain a lawyer, we want you to know that we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay us unless you receive compensation.
We also offer free consultations with no upfront fees or costs. The liable party and their insurance provider have their own lawyers. Having an attorney on your side evens the playing field so you have an advocate who will look out for your interests.
Act Soon in a Plant City Slip and Fall Case Before the Filing Deadline Expires
Taking time to consider your options after a slip and fall accident is normal and advisable. Consulting with an attorney from our firm can help you sort out these options and choose a path that works for you.
But you don’t want to wait too long to decide, especially when it comes to deciding if and when you want to file a personal injury lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally gives injured parties four years to file a lawsuit. Failing to meet the statute of limitations means losing your right to seek compensation through the legal process. If you are pursuing a wrongful death case, you have two years to file legal action.
Our firm will work to meet the deadline in your case so that you can protect your right to sue.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult With a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Plant City, FL, Today
David Dismuke has been fighting for slip and fall accident victims like you for over 10 years. Our firm believes in holding the negligent accountable, and we invite you to “Ask Dave” about your case.
Compensation is not just about covering your losses; it’s about accountability and justice. It’s also about preventing someone else from getting hurt in the future. We will fight for this outcome so you can receive the compensation you deserve while knowing you are keeping others safe. A slip and fall attorney from Dismuke Law is ready to consult with you about your case in Plant City, FL. For a free consultation or to learn more, contact us today.