When property owners fail to keep their patrons and employees safe, they become liable for the harm that comes to them because of their negligence.
When you enter an establishment, you expect that the property owners have taken appropriate security precautions to ensure your safety. If you or someone you love were hurt because a property owner didn’t provide sufficient security, a Plant City negligent security attorney from Dismuke Law can help you pursue compensation.
A Negligent Security Lawyer Can Recover Damages in Plant City, FL
You could be hurt at a restaurant, hotel, shopping center, or even a hospital if proper security measures aren’t in place. You or someone you love could be the victim of assault or rape. A loved one could even be a homicide victim due to a lack of guards and safety efforts. These types of harm are preventable if property owners have adequate security.
If the owners or operators were negligent in ensuring proper security, you may now have painful injuries, crushing medical bills, insecurity about the future, and psychological trauma that could take years to recover from. You can hold the negligent property owner accountable and recover compensation for your losses.
A negligent security lawyer can help you recover:
- Medical bills: This typically includes compensation to cover emergency care, hospitalization, medical devices and equipment, future medical bills, x-rays and other diagnostic tests, lab work, and ambulance fees.
- Lost income: Compensation can cover lost income as well as vacation and sick day benefits. It can also cover future lost income.
- Pain and suffering: This is compensation for the pain, emotional distress, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment you suffered due to your injuries.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death damages typically cover funeral costs, medical expenses, and lost income. We are sincerely sorry for your loss if someone you love has been tragically taken from you because of someone else’s negligence. We can handle your legal case while you focus on grieving.
We can take all of the economic and non-economic damages that apply to you into account when calculating a compensation package that adequately covers your losses. Florida does not cap the amount of compensation you can receive, and we have won multi-million dollar settlements for victims of negligent security.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer serving Plant City, call 863-250-5050
The Benefits of Hiring a Negligent Security Attorney in Plant City, FL
Negligent security cases can be challenging to prove. You must be able to provide evidence that a property owner did not sufficiently provide for your safety on their premises. For instance, examples of negligent security include:
- Lack of security guards
- Broken barriers, such as fences
- No alarms or security cameras
- Doors that don’t have locks
- Poor lighting
A lawyer from our firm can collect evidence to build a solid case for you as we thoroughly investigate the negligence that caused your injuries and financial losses.
Our negligent security attorneys can do many things to help your case, including:
- Sending a demand letter to the negligent party and their insurance provider briefly detailing your injuries and losses and how much compensation is adequate to cover the damage.
- Negotiating with the negligent party and their insurer to reach a fair settlement agreeable to both sides.
- Reviewing the terms of a settlement agreement with you before you agree to sign it (this is important as you can’t seek future compensation once a settlement is complete).
- Filing a lawsuit and representing you at trial. We can go to court and confidently present your case to a jury to seek the compensation you deserve.
- Traveling to your location to talk to you about your case if you are unable to come to us.
- Showing you respect and listening to you. We empathize with your situation because we have helped many victims of negligent security in the past.
- Working on a contingency fee basis so you don’t pay us unless we win your case, and you receive compensation.
- Offering free consultations to evaluate your case and answer your questions.
Our law firm is committed to helping personal injury victims and holding the negligent party accountable. We primarily handle personal injury cases, including those from negligent security, and we have been doing so for nearly two decades.
Plant City Negligent Security Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Your Plant City Negligent Security Attorney Can Work to Meet the Statute of Limitations
You should take time to consider your options after suffering an injury. We strongly recommend consulting a lawyer with experience in negligent security cases who can lay out your options and help you decide how to proceed.
However, you must act before the statute of limitations runs out in your case. You only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. The deadline to file a wrongful death lawsuit is also two years per the same statute.
If the deadline to file a lawsuit passes in your case, you won’t be able to seek restitution through the legal process. We can work to meet the statute of limitations in your case, so you don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit.
Consult A Negligent Security Lawyer About Your Case in Plant City, FL
Your case is important to us. Property owners who fail in their duty to provide for the security of their patrons and employees on their premises should be held accountable for their negligence. You can cover your losses and prevent someone else from getting hurt in the future. We can help you seek the compensation you need and the justice you rightfully deserve.
At Dismuke Law, we have the experience and resources to build a solid case for you. To schedule a free consultation and Ask Dave about your negligent security case, please do not hesitate to contact us today.