Civil Trial Specialist & Former Insurance Defense Lawyer on Your Side
A bus accident can cause catastrophic injuries and may leave multiple victims wondering where they can turn to seek fair compensation for their medical bills, lost earnings, and more. The bus driver or other at-fault party may try to deny fault. The insurance company may undervalue a victim’s claim. In the face of such challenges, the best option is to involve a competent attorney.
Dismuke Law stands ready to help. Led by Civil Trial Specialist Dave Dismuke, we are well-prepared to deliver the highest quality legal representation to bus accident victims across Central Florida. If you want to work with a Lakeland bus accident lawyer who will stop at nothing to seek the best outcome in your case, look no further than Dismuke Law.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Lakeland, call 863-250-5050
Recoverable Damages in a Florida Bus Accident Case
One of our bus accident attorneys in Lakeland, FL, will review your case and determine which damages you qualify to recover. Although each case differs, common forms of compensation bus accident victims obtain include:
- Lost income
- Future loss of earning potential
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage costs
- Mental anguish
If your loved one passed away from their bus accident injuries, you may be able to file a wrongful death case to cover expenses for funeral arrangements, lost income, final medical bills, and loss of consortium.
Lakeland Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Entrust Our Bus Accident Attorneys to Handle Your Case From Start to Finish
You won’t have anything to worry about regarding your bus accident case when you have Dismuke Law on your side. We can assume the following tasks:
- Picking up a copy of the police report
- Settling your case with the insurance company
- Communicating with everyone involved in your case
- Taking your case before a jury, if needed
- Gathering evidence
- Establishing the responsible party
Our legal team operates on a contingency-fee basis. That way, you don’t pay anything up front, as we only get paid if we resolve your case.
What Are the Chances of a Bus Crash?
Many people don’t realize just how common bus crashes really are. While your chances of being involved in a bus accident are lower than your risk of being involved in other types of motor vehicle accidents, such as those involving cars and SUVs, thousands of people are still injured and killed every year in collisions with city, school, charter, and private buses. According to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
- There were 4,998 large trucks and buses involved in crashes that resulted in death in the United States in 2020 (the latest year for which data is currently available).
- The total number of fatal large truck and bus accidents in 2020 represented a decrease of 5% from the previous year.
- There were approximately 107,000 large truck and bus crashes that resulted in injury in 2020, a decrease of 10% from the previous year.
- Between 2010 and 2020, intercity buses were involved in approximately 11% of all fatal bus crashes, school buses were involved in 38%, and transit buses were involved in 35%.
- In 2020, there were nine intercity buses and 46 school buses involved in fatal accidents; these represent some of the lowest recorded numbers by FARS since its founding in 1975.
While these national bus accident statistics are certainly shocking, the numbers for Florida alone are even more frightening. According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle’s Annual Traffic Crash Facts report for 2021 (the latest year for which data is available):
- Bus passengers suffered 15 incapacitating injuries in bus crashes in Florida in 2021.
- Florida bus passengers suffered 144 non-incapacitating injuries in bus accidents in 2021.
- Bus passengers sustained 916 possible injuries in bus accidents in Florida in 2021.
These statistics are alarming and they do not even show the number of injuries, fatalities, and wrongful deaths to others involved in bus accidents, such as the drivers and occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, or bicyclists.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is at Fault in a Bus Accident?
The at-fault party in a bus accident may be one or more individuals or business entities. We work with accident reconstruction specialists, investigators, and experts in various fields to accurately determine what caused a client’s collision, so we can assign fault and pursue compensation accordingly. The following are examples of potentially at-fault parties in a bus accident:
- The driver of the bus
- The bus company
- The bus maintenance or repair company
- Another driver
- The manufacturer of a defective bus or auto part
- The party responsible for maintaining safe roadways
When you work with a Lakeland bus accident attorney at Dismuke Law, we will work diligently to identify fault so we can maximize your recovery.
Talk to a Bus Accident Attorney From Our Firm Today
If you were seriously injured or lost a loved one in a bus accident, do not try to attempt to handle your claim on your own. The amount of compensation you recover will directly impact your financial stability and your ability to build a better future for yourself and your family. Work with seasoned lawyers who can fully assert your rights and protect your interests.
Ask Dave when you call Dismuke Law for a free consultation.