If someone else’s negligence led to an accident that caused a catastrophic injury to you or someone you love, it’s important to seek compensation to get the support you need now and for whatever the future holds.
Our personal injury lawyers understand the expansive physical and financial challenges you face. A Sebring catastrophic injury lawyer from our team at Dismuke Law will guide you in your pursuit of an appropriate settlement or verdict that addresses all of your needs.
What a Catastrophic Injury Compensation Settlement May Include
A catastrophic injury, such a brain injury, can cause a permanent, life-altering change to your mental or physical faculties. The impact may be so severe that it takes years and multiple medical interventions to recover. However, it is unlikely that your recovered state will be the same as your condition before your injury.
Serious injuries require serious support. Having friends and family to provide encouragement when you falter is critical to recovery. Financial support is equally essential in the long battle you face.
You will likely experience numerous losses in the aftermath of a serious accident. What you might be compensated for and the amount of compensation you receive will be determined during negotiations or, if necessary, at the end of a trial.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages
The compensation you may receive for your losses depends on the severity of your injury and the circumstances that caused it. For instance, you may receive damages for:
- Medical costs incurred immediately after the injury and all future costs for your recovery
- Income lost due to an inability to work when you were injured, as well as future wages if you must take a lower-paying job or are left permanently unable to work
- Pain and suffering experienced during the accident and future pain and suffering associated with the injury
Wrongful Death Damages
A catastrophic injury sometimes results in death. If you have lost a loved one, please accept our condolences. In this case, our Sebring catastrophic injury lawyers can help you seek wrongful death damages, such as:
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of support
- Loss of household income
- Funeral and burial costs
In addition to the compensation you may typically receive for a personal injury, the court may occasionally award punitive damages to the plaintiff if the defendant was “personally guilty of intentional misconduct or gross negligence” (Florida Statutes § 768.72).
Punitive damages punish the defendant for the actions or inactions that resulted in your injury to deter them from such behavior. They are also meant to discourage others from acting similarly to cause serious harm.
When you become our client, our catastrophic injury attorneys in Sebring will discuss the types of damages usually associated with a case like yours and how much compensation you may be eligible to receive.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Sebring, call 863-250-5050
The Role of a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Sebring
Our injury attorneys are legal guides who will fight for you in your pursuit of a fair settlement or verdict. The actions your catastrophic injury lawyer in Sebring will take on your behalf depend on your unique situation, but generally:
- We’ll listen as you share every detail of the events leading up to your injury and everything you’ve experienced since that day.
- Based on your story, we will dissect the accident to determine its cause. We will also analyze the negligent actions that caused or contributed to your injury and identify the liable party or parties.
- We will help you construct your case by gathering and reviewing police and insurance reports, medical records that describe your injury, bills that detail the financial costs of your injury, employment records from before and after the incident that may show a change in income, and associated reports supporting your claim.
- We will investigate the incident through eyewitness statements, available video and still images, and event reconstruction. Your Sebring catastrophic injury attorney will also study the history of those involved for previous examples of negligence, as well as the safety and construction of any inanimate objects involved in the incident.
- Your attorney will then create a report on how the incident happened, who is liable, and your anticipated economic and non-economic costs associated with the catastrophic injury you sustained.
- We’ll assist you in building your claim against those we believe are liable for your injury.
- Our attorneys will negotiate on your behalf with the at-fault party or parties’ insurance company or companies for fair compensation.
- If we cannot agree on a settlement, we will prepare for trial and represent you in court.
Wherever your legal battles take you, your Sebring catastrophic injury lawyer will be beside you, fighting for you as you pursue compensation and justice.
Sebring Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Working With a Sebring Catastrophic Injury Lawyer at Dismuke Law
David C. Dismuke founded Dismuke Law to fight for those affected by negligence and wrongdoing. He is a tough lawyer who specializes in trial advocacy and currently serves on the board of directors of the Florida Justice Association and the board of directors of the Polk County Trial Lawyers Association.
Attorney Dismuke, along with our other hard-hitting attorneys and talented legal team, fight every day for the rights of our clients. We care about our clients and consider them to be members of our family.
We are happy to share that our hard work has won millions of dollars for our clients. We know that money, which pays for hospital stays, long-term care, and medical equipment necessary for a healthier tomorrow, does not make up for the losses you and our other clients have experienced. But it can help you start to pick up the pieces.
Contact Us to Get a Free Consultation
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. This is our chance to hear your story and your opportunity to ask Dave about your case. We’re here for you today, tomorrow, and for as long as you need us.
Call or text 863-250-5050 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form