If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, you are likely consumed with trying to make good decisions about your medical care while coping with the pain of a serious injury.
Our Central Florida personal injury attorneys are fierce advocates ready to help you battle for compensation and justice. Your focus should remain on your health while a Central Florida catastrophic injury lawyer concentrates on identifying those liable for your injury and helping you prepare a solid claim.
Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
No two injuries are alike. The same can be said for situations that result in injuries. What you may be compensated for and how much that compensation might be depends on the severity of your injury, the level of negligence or ill intention behind the cause of your injury, your income and health before the injury, and other factors.
For a catastrophic injury, which is usually a permanent, life-altering injury affecting your ability to function mentally and/or physically, you may receive compensation for things like:
- Medical costs from the time of the injury and potentially for years after. Accounting for projected lifetime medical needs is challenging with a catastrophic injury, but our Central Florida catastrophic injury lawyers work with medical and economic specialists who can help us create a justifiable calculation of future medical costs for your claim.
- Lost wages, which can include a specific amount of time you couldn’t work after the injury. If you had to change careers to a lower-paying job, we can request compensation for the difference between your former and current income. We can also seek compensation for all future wages lost if you can never return to work.
- Pain and suffering you experienced when you were injured and continue to experience even years after the initial injury.
- Mental anguish associated with the life-altering effects of the injury.
- Needs specific to your injury, such as a new house to accommodate your physical needs, adaptation of your current home, or a vehicle appropriate to your physical needs and driving or traveling capabilities.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Loss of or change in personal and family relationships.
Your catastrophic injury attorney in Central Florida can explain more about compensation related to your case.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Central Florida, call 863-250-5050
How a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Central Florida Can Help With Your Case
When suffering from the effects of a catastrophic injury, you must focus your time and attention on getting yourself through each day. There is no room in your life for hours of making phone calls, collecting information, and negotiating with insurance adjusters.
Our Central Florida catastrophic injury attorneys are your dedicated advocates, working with you and guiding you in your pursuit of a fair compensation settlement or verdict. Toward that end, we’ll serve you in many ways:
- We’ll talk with you about Florida law as it applies to your case, going over details you should know, so you can make the most appropriate decisions for you.
- With your permission, we‘ll communicate on your behalf with insurance companies and others involved in your case, keeping you informed as developments arise.
- We’ll investigate the incident that caused your injury to discover how it happened, who is at fault, and if it was preventable.
- We’ll work with economic experts who will evaluate your injury from the incident to your long-term prognosis to determine your true lifetime medical costs.
- We’ll negotiate with the insurance company or companies on your behalf to reach a fair settlement, which can happen at any time before or during a trial.
- Our attorneys will represent you in court if we cannot agree on an appropriate compensation settlement.
Statute of Limitations
Florida’s statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit is typically two years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement for your injury, we will bring the matter to court.
The two-year countdown usually begins the day you are injured, although there are some rare exceptions to that rule. When you meet with us for your initial consultation, we can discuss time limits for legal action.
Central Florida Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
A Central Florida Catastrophic Injury Lawyer at Dismuke Law Can Handle Your Case
Tampa native David Dismuke founded Dismuke Law with the focus of holding accountable those whose recklessness or negligence causes harm to others. All of our attorneys and legal team at Dismuke Law support this aim, devoting each day and our entire careers to pursuing justice for our clients.
We are proud of the recognitions we’ve received for our work, such as:
- Eagle Member Florida Justice Association
- Lawyers.com Client Rating 5.0 of 5.0
- Trucking Trial Lawyers Top 10
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell® Lawyer Ratings
- The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Top 25
Although recognition from our peers is welcome, our clients’ words mean the most to us:
- “I have found that the law firm is not only tenacious in working for their clients but also still has the philosophy of the one-on-one personal touch that so many other firms have lost. You have a problem, the answer is one call away. They are easy to talk to because they are eager to help.” – James L.
- “I have had regular communications with this firm for over a year and a half now. Each time I am impressed. Jennah, whom I have spoken with most often, is always prompt in returning my emails/calls. She is always professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate – which is exactly what you need during such a stressful time. David Dismuke is an expert in his field and maintains a “client first” perspective that gets results! I have and will continue to recommend Dismuke Law.” – Jennifer D.
Contact Dismuke Law Today
Contact us to schedule a free consultation today. We care about you and invite you to ask Dave your questions. We want to hear your story and discuss your next steps. We’re here for you.