You didn’t see the water on the floor and there wasn’t a warning sign. After taking a step, slipping, and falling hard to the floor, you now have costly medical bills because of your injuries and you lost income because you couldn’t work.
This is a classic premises liability case and the property owner should be held accountable for their negligence. A central Florida premises liability lawyer from Dismuke Law can fight for your compensation while you focus on healing.
What is Premises Liability?
Property owners must provide reasonably safe grounds for guests of their establishment, their employees, and even trespassers. If a property owner fails to maintain or repair the premises, their negligence can result in injuries to anyone on their property.
For instance, failing to properly warn guests about a wet floor can result in a bad fall, a foreseeable accident in this case. You were hurt and required medical treatment and may have had to miss work to recover. These losses require compensation from the liable property owner, making this a premises liability case.
Causes of Premises Liability and Potential Injuries
Several types of potential injuries could occur on commercial and residential properties, including:
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Inadequate lighting
- Falling objects
- Negligent or insufficient security
- Exposure to chemicals
- Weak structural integrity
Any of these unsafe conditions could result in serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and bruises
- Head injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Hearing and vision loss
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
If you or someone you love were hurt on the premises of a negligent central Florida property owner, you may have a case for compensation, which a lawyer can help you pursue.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Central Florida, call 863-250-5050
Our Firm Can Recover Damages For You
Navigating complex legal systems in pursuit of recoverable damages can be overwhelming. But you’re not alone. Our law firm focuses on personal injury cases, including premises liability cases, and has won six and seven-figure settlements for victims like you.
Some of the economic and non-economic damages we can pursue in Florida include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Childcare costs
- Home services and equipment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you’ve lost a loved one due to a hazard on someone else’s property, please accept our sincerest condolences. You could seek wrongful death damages covering medical costs, lost income, funeral expenses, and more. We’d be honored to help by handling your case while you and your family take the time to grieve.
Central Florida Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
What a Central Florida Premises Liability Lawyer can do for Your Case
By hiring us to represent you and handle your premises liability case, you gain an advocate who can fight for your best interests every step of the way.
Our work on your behalf could include:
- Investigating the accident: We can investigate the accident by inspecting the premises where you were hurt and noting unsafe conditions or hazards. We can also gather evidence such as video footage, photos, inspection and safety logs, incident reports, and expert opinions.
- Traveling to you: If your injuries prevent you from coming to us, our team can travel to you to discuss your case. We also offer phone consultations.
- Treating you like family: We can treat you like a member of our family because we believe every personal injury victim deserves respect and dignity.
- Calculating the value of your claim: We can determine the true value of your claim in case the insurance company makes a quick, low-ball settlement offer, so we can immediately recognize whether the offer is fair or not.
- Negotiating a fair settlement: We can enter into negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf to seek a fair settlement that will cover your losses.
- Representing you in court: We can also prepare your case for court and represent you at trial if necessary. We are powerful allies and aren’t afraid to fight for your compensation and closure.
We believe the burden of fighting your legal case in pursuit of compensation should not rest on your shoulders. Your time is best spent focusing on your recovery and spending time with your family while we handle your case. We can do the work so you can rest and heal.
You Have a Limited Time To Act in Central Florida
In Florida, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for compensation in a premises liability case according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. You don’t have to rush, but consulting with an attorney as soon as possible after your accident allows us to investigate while the incident and the scene are fresh.
You have only two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, so time is certainly a factor you must consider if you lost someone you love.
Once these deadlines pass, you could lose your right to file a lawsuit. Our premises liability lawyers can work to meet the statute of limitations so you don’t lose this right.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Ask Dave About Your Premises Liability Case Today
Our founder, Dave Dismuke, has 18 years of experience handling personal injury cases in central Florida. We take pride in fighting for victims like you, protecting our clients from insurance companies and corporations that may undervalue them.
We offer free consultations and don’t charge any upfront fees. Further, you don’t pay us unless we win your case and you receive compensation. You and your family deserve justice and closure. Contact a central Florida premises liability lawyer from Dismuke Law today.