If you broke a bone tripping on a piece of loose flooring in a store or got head injuries from a falling sign in a parking lot, you’ve experienced a premises liability accident. Once your immediate medical needs have been taken care of, you may begin to wonder who is responsible for your injury.
Our Brandon premises liability lawyers are here to help you figure that out. Liability for an injury sustained on someone else’s property or premises may reside with multiple individuals and companies. Our lawyers can work to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Just ask Dave, and we can be there for you.
Seeking Compensation for Your Premises Liability Claim
The damages you may recover could depend on why you were on the premises when you were injured, and the severity of your losses. For example:
- If you were on the premises for business, such as buying groceries in a grocery store, the owner and/or renter has a high duty of care toward you.
- If you were trespassing on the premises, the owner and/or renter may still have a certain duty of care, but there are multiple conditions under which that is determined.
Compensation may typically be recovered for:
- Medical expenses related to the injury, including hospital stays, treatments, rehab, long-term care, prescriptions, and other medical care you may require
- Adjustments you had to make to your home or vehicle to accommodate your new disability
- Income lost while you were recovering from your injury and unable to work
- Future lost income if you are unable to resume your usual profession and must work in a position for less pay, or are unable to work at all
- Pain and suffering due to the injury or the trauma of the event
If your loved one passed away due to an accident on someone else’s premises, you may be able to file a wrongful death suit and pursue compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of emotional support, loss of household support, and more.
Our premises liability lawyers can listen to your story, review all of your losses, and help you determine your next steps. We can pursue damages for every loss you have suffered due to this accident and your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Brandon, call 863-250-5050
Our Premises Liability Attorneys
Our attorneys at Ask Dave can investigate your accident to answer the important questions about your case:
Duty of Care
Did the owner or occupier owe you a “duty of care” when you were on the premises?
- Usually, the answer is yes. Property owners and occupiers should use a reasonable amount of caution to ensure that no one is injured on their property
Did they show a reasonable amount of care to ensure you were not injured on their premises?
- We can look at how you came to be injured and investigate the actions or inactions of the owner or occupier that may have led up to your accident. For instance, if you slipped and fell on a recently-mopped floor, were there signs posted warning customers of a wet floor, and was the area properly lit?
How far does that duty of care go?
- The owner or occupier owes the highest duty of care to people who are on the premises legitimately (i.e. to conduct business). In Brandon, Florida, trespassers have rights but may find it more challenging to recover compensation, depending on the circumstances at the time of the accident.
Breach of Duty of Care
Did the owner or occupier not show a reasonable amount of care to protect individuals from injury on their premises?
- If the owner or occupier is aware of a hazard or can reasonably foresee a potential hazard and doesn’t do enough to prevent harm, they may be in breach of duty.
Did the owner’s or occupier’s lack of a reasonable amount of care cause your injury?
- For instance, if a store is open for business and has stairs at the entrance but no handrail, and you slip and break your ankle, the owner did not take reasonable care and, through that inaction, caused your injury.
Did the breach of duty that caused your injury also cause you to sustain losses?
- Did your injury cost you money due to medical expenses or lost income? Did you experience non-economic losses such as pain and suffering?
Once we have the answers to these questions, our premises liability attorneys in Brandon, FL can help you build your case and fight alongside you for your right to appropriate compensation.
Brandon Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Founder David C. Dismuke created the Dismuke Law firm with a mission to protect clients and use his hard-earned knowledge and skills to help people.
We are proud to say that we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in personal injury settlements or judgments for our clients. We serve our clients with individual attention and unmatched professionalism and they can’t help but leave glowing reviews:
“My experience with Dismuke Law was priceless: when I met Dave, I knew I had a winner. He was very intelligent, professional, and I knew this was a man who cared about his clients. I cannot say enough good about this firm. I looked forward to our conferences, he would always update me on my case. If you have legal questions, Ask Dave. He is interested in putting as much as possible in his clients’ pockets. Thank you, Dave.” — Shirley H.
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Cristina, she is very professional, hard-working, and dedicated. Always goes the extra mile and never gives up. I will always recommend Dismuke Law for their professionalism, dedication and top priority, and quality of service.” — Anthony A.
Ask Dave Today
We are proud to serve the people of Brandon and can guide you through the complex trail of premises liability and fight to help you pursue a full and fair compensation settlement or judgment. Contact our office today to schedule your free consultation.