A motorcycle can be a fun, affordable, exciting way to get around in Brandon. In 2020, though, there were more than 8,000 motorcycle accidents across the state of Florida. If you or someone you love were injured in one, our Brandon motorcycle accident lawyer can help. We can also help if your family lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident.
We will prove the cause of your accident, the recovery costs of your injuries, and the range of other injury-related damages you could recover. Our legal team will handle the investigation, communication, and negotiation phases of your case. We fight hard for your financial recovery, so you can focus on your physical recovery. Contact our Dismuke Law case review team for a free review of your case.
Damages You Can Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Brandon
The occupants of a motorcycle are far more likely to sustain serious or fatal injuries than the occupants of a vehicle when they collide. If a negligent driver caused your accident, their insurance will cover the costs of your ongoing medical treatments.
Our law firm will also help you recover financial compensation for the following:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Past, current, and future losses of income
- Rehab, therapy, and assistive medical devices
- All treatment-related travel expenses
- Repair or replacement of your motorcycle
These are economic damages that are easily proven and assigned a value with receipts, bills, and estimates. You can also recover compensation for the following types of non-economic damages:
- Physical disabilities
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We will collect additional evidence that proves the value of your recoverable non-economic damages. Specific family members can also recover wrongful death damages for the accident-related loss of a loved one. Our team will ensure the appropriate family members file a wrongful death action.
How Florida Law Affects the Timing of Your Recoverable Damages
Florida Statute § 95.11 determines how much time you have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. If your case is not settled out of court, the state generally allows:
- Up to four years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Up to two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit
Complying with the statute of limitations is critical to your fight to recover damages. It can also be difficult to comply with since some of the circumstances of your accident can alter the filing deadline. It is complicated. The best way to ensure you do not run out of time to pursue damages is to let our motorcycle accident attorney handle it for you.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Brandon, call 863-250-5050
Our Brandon Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Establish Liability
Vehicle drivers and motorcyclists can share the roads of Brandon safely when each does their part. If the vehicle driver was negligent and caused your accident, the state requires you to prove their negligence in order to pursue damages.
Evidence of negligence includes the following:
- Duty: Proof the at-fault driver owed you a duty of care
- Breach: Proof they breached their responsibility to provide it
- Causation: Proof of a link between their actions and the collision
- Damages: Proof of the financial consequences of your injuries
Contact our Ask Dave team at Dismuke Law by calling us today. We will do everything we can to obtain the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Our Legal Team Will Collect Supporting Evidence for Your Case File
Building a strong case file is a huge undertaking. Our team will handle the hard work and legwork of building it for you. We typically start with your official police report. It contains a plethora of important information including:
- Contact information for the driver, their insurer, and eyewitnesses
- Notes, observations, and diagrams from the investigating officer
- Accident date, time, and location details and road and weather conditions
We will request the police report for you and include it in your case file along with the following additional evidence:
- Medical records and bills that prove the cause of your injuries and their treatment costs
- Your written prognosis that proves the severity and extent of your injuries and recovery
- Employment and salary history records that prove the amount of your lost income
- Statements from lay and expert witnesses and consultants that support your case
We also obtain photos and security or surveillance videos that depict the accident scene and your injuries. We stop at nothing to hold the negligent driver responsible for their actions and to prove your right to financial recovery.
See Why Ask Dave Clients Recommend Our Client-Focused Law Firm
Our entire team works hard to support you through every aspect of your motorcycle accident case. When clients we fought for in the past talk about our commitment to outstanding support, they say the following:
- “The firm had the best reviews…now I understand why. This is [a] proactive, get things done kind of firm…I spoke with Mr. Dismuke by phone, he is a very caring and understanding man, explaining every step of the process as we go along…I appreciate and thank each of you.” – Sandy N.
- “David and his team were great at keeping me informed and involved in the entire process for my case…Dismuke Law delivered the results I was hoping for. I highly recommend Dismuke Law.” – Jessie S.
We are passionate about providing personalized, responsive legal service and support for every client we represent. Read additional five-star testimonials on our client reviews page.
Brandon Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Call for Your Free Case Review Today
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident or a loved one was fatally injured, you could recover monetary damages from the at-fault driver. At Ask Dave, we can help. Our Brandon motorcycle accident lawyer will review your case at no cost or obligation. Contact our consultation team at Dismuke Law by calling us today.
Call or text 863-250-5050 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form