In the time it takes you to inhale, your life can change forever. A catastrophic injury does just that — it changes your life in ways you cannot imagine.
If the negligence or malice of another has permanently altered your life, a Tampa catastrophic injury lawyer from Dismuke Law will fight by your side as a strong advocate in your pursuit of a fair compensation settlement or verdict.
Compensation for a Catastrophic Injury in Tampa
It’s difficult to imagine fair compensation for an injury that completely upends your life. Perhaps that’s because you would pay any amount to regain your old life. We know that money will not turn back time. Nothing will do that, but it is important to receive compensation for what you’ve gone through to help you cope tomorrow and for the rest of your life.
Our Tampa personal injury lawyers will help you build the best future possible.
Compensation for a life-altering injury may include:
- Wages lost due to your inability to work, whether you experience a temporary break, a necessary change in career to a lower-paying job, or never being able to work again.
- Costs of immediate and lifetime care. Experts will review your injuries to determine what care may be expected months or years in the future. You may need surgeries, rehab, short-term care, long-term care, in-home care, prosthetics, prescriptions, transportation, and medical equipment such as wheelchairs, ventilators, and hospital beds.
- Adaptation of living space and vehicles to accommodate altered abilities.
- Ongoing mental therapy.
- Non-economic damages, including pain and suffering from the injury and in the future, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, disfigurement, or disability.
Each case has factors specific to its circumstances and injuries. The amount of compensation you may receive is linked to those specifics and requires an intimate knowledge of the details to determine. Your catastrophic injury lawyer in Tampa, FL will help you evaluate and calculate your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Tampa, call 863-250-5050
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury is so severe that it permanently changes your ability to function and/or requires years of medical intervention to reach maximum medical improvement.
Examples of such injuries include but aren’t limited to:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limb
- Severe burns
- Loss of sight
Tampa Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
How a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL Can Help You Fight for Your Future
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, you must focus all of your energy on daily challenges. Putting together a comprehensive claim that addresses your needs today and the future is complicated at best.
Our catastrophic injury lawyers in Tampa will stay by your side as fierce advocates in your pursuit of a fair compensation settlement or verdict. On your behalf, we will:
- Investigate the incident that resulted in your injury. Our experts can review police and insurance reports, medical charts, photographic evidence of the site where the injury occurred, and histories of those who may be liable for your injury. We may also reconstruct the incident to determine how it happened and confirm who is at fault.
- Help you prepare a comprehensive claim, including your potential medical and other future needs.
- Act as your spokesperson and communicate with all involved parties.
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company on your behalf for a fair settlement.
- Prepare for trial and represent you in court if the insurance company does not offer a settlement amount appropriate to your injury and needs.
Click to contact our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers today
Tampa, Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Catastrophic Personal Injury Cases
You generally have four years from the accident date to file a lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. Some rare exceptions apply. For example, if you want to file a lawsuit against the government, you may have less than four years. Or, if your injuries are too severe to pursue a timely case, you may be able to “toll” (or delay) the time allowed to file and get an extension to the four-year deadline.
Our Tampa catastrophic injury lawyers will help you determine the statute of limitations for your specific case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Should You Work With a Tampa Catastrophic Injury Lawyer from Dismuke Law?
Attorney David Dismuke is board certified in civil trial law by the Florida Bar. His 22 years in the legal arena have brought him significant recognition in this area. He leads an aggressive team of attorneys who fight every day for the rights of our clients.
We believe that seeking justice for those who have been harmed is a worthwhile endeavor, and we’re proud to say that we have secured millions for our clients. This money does not replace what they’ve lost, but it helps secure a more certain future.
Accolades and Testimonials
Our hard work is reflected in the recognitions we’ve received, such as:
- Fellow of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- The Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
The experiences of our clients reflect our work ethic more than anything else, as suggested by their comments:
- “Dismuke is a great firm, John Mark Hundhausen is an awesome attorney. He went above and beyond. I’m very satisfied with the outcome of my case. Thanks for the professionalism and personal attention. I highly recommend their services.” – Travis S.
- “I want to thank everyone at Dismuke Law, for always going above and beyond for me! I could not have asked for a better attorney or a better team to represent me! And a special thank you to Cristina Dunaway for all that you have done for my family and me. I am eternally grateful and I pray that God blesses you all at Dismuke law the same way he blessed me with you to help me through my darkest hour.” – Garrett P.
Contact Dismuke Law Today
Contact us to ask Dave at Dismuke Law about your case today. We offer free initial consultations, and you pay no fees until we win your case.
Call or text 863-250-5050 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form