The process of pursuing justice and compensation after a devastating car accident can be overwhelming. The loss of a loved one means grief in addition to the emotional, physical, and financial damages your family is experiencing.
With help from a Sebring fatal car accident lawyer at Dismuke Law, you can breathe easier. Focus on your family and getting through these difficult times. Our team will work diligently to hold the liable party accountable and recover your damages in full.
Recoverable Damages for a Fatal Car Accident Claim in Sebring
The aftermath of a fatal car accident in Sebring can be chaotic. When you lose a loved one, not only are you dealing with the grief of your loss, but there may be considerable financial distress if your family was dependent on the decedent financially.
When you pursue a fatal car accident claim, your family has the right to specific types and amounts of damages. Damages are typically awarded to the decedent’s surviving family members.
Some examples of damages that may be recoverable in Sebring fatal car accident claims include:
- Loss of companionship and love
- Loss of society and support
- Loss of protection and advice
- Loss of the decedent’s financial contributions
- The decedent’s burial expenses
- The decedent’s funeral expenses
- The decedent’s medical expenses
- The decedent’s physical pain and suffering
Every fatal car accident claim is different. Your Sebring personal injury attorney at our firm will go over all of the ways the decedent’s life and your family’s lives were affected by the car accident in question. This way, you can be sure you are being compensated for every loss.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accidents lawyer serving Sebring, call 863-250-5050
Our Sebring Fatal Car Accident Lawyers Help Grieving Families
Mourning the death of a close friend or family member can be overwhelming. You should be able to grieve your loss without having to deal with financial insecurity or stress. Our team at Dismuke Law is here to help you get through these difficult times.
We will handle all of the legal details of your case, including:
- Figuring out who is responsible for causing your loved one’s fatal car accident
- Gathering compelling and powerful evidence that proves liability and negligence for your loved one’s death
- Speaking with witnesses, experts, and police to establish fault
- Reviewing the decedent’s losses and your family’s damages to calculate the value of your fatal car accident claim
- Pursuing compensation across multiple avenues to get the most out of your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair and reasonable settlement offer
- Establishing fault at trial so your family can get justice
Sebring Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
What Does It Cost to Hire a Sebring Fatal Car Accident Lawyer?
The family members of fatal car accidents in Sebring often report concerns about being able to afford the costs of hiring an attorney to pursue their case. However, after everything you have been through, and the grief you are dealing with, the last thing you should have to worry about is the amount it will cost to hire a lawyer. Working with a Sebring fatal car accident attorney may be possible on contingency.
Here, you don’t pay your attorney anything unless or until they win your case. That does not mean you do not have any attorney fees, but rather that your attorney at our firm will absorb the risk of pursuing your case and cover all of the out-of-pocket and upfront costs to get you justice. Then, once your attorney wins your case, you can use your fatal car accident settlement to cover your attorney fees.
Important Deadlines for Fatal Car Accident Claims in Sebring
Your fatal car accident insurance and civil claims must be filed before the statute of limitations runs out. The amount of time you’ll have to file your claim can vary widely based on the circumstances of your case. If you are filing a claim with the insurance company, you could have 30 days, two years, or two years to get your claim filed, depending on the circumstances of your case.
However, under Florida Statute § 95.11(4)(d), wrongful death claims have a maximum statute of limitations of two years. If your lawsuit is not filed before the deadline expires, the court will be required to bar your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is at Fault for Causing the Fatal Car Accident?
Although the cause of many fatal car accidents may be clear, it is also common for family members to be confused as to who could be at fault for their loved one’s death. Fatal car accidents happen in a number of ways, some of which include:
- Negligent driving – Any type of unsafe driving, including speeding, tailgating, failure to stop, distracted driving, drowsy driving, drunk driving, drugged driving, or failure to yield, could be considered negligence.
- Defective parts – When auto parts are defective or malfunction, auto parts manufacturers, distributors, retailers, designers, and other third parties could be at fault.
- Dangerous roads – Government agencies and municipalities that have an obligation to maintain Sebring roads can be liable for fatal car accident victims’ damages when their negligence causes collisions.
Your fatal car accident lawyer will be tasked with proving liability based on a preponderance of the evidence. This means the evidence your attorney presents at trial will need to convince the jury and judge that the defendant is more likely than not responsible for causing your family member’s fatal car accident and injuries.
You can find out more about who could be responsible for your loved one’s passing when you reach out to our team for an in-depth analysis into the cause of your family member’s fatal car accident in Sebring.
Get Help from a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer in Sebring Today
Fatal car accident claims can be an involved process. When you want to focus on your family and mourning your loss, get a legal advocate on your side who will take over all of the details of your case on your behalf.
Reach out to a Sebring fatal car accident lawyer at Dismuke Law to learn more about your legal options. You can schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation today by calling our office to get started.