If you were involved in a golf cart accident, it’s understandable to feel overwhelmed emotionally, physically, and financially. Luckily, drivers and passengers injured in golf cart accidents can recover compensation from the person or company responsible for the crash.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a Riverview accident, our golf cart accident lawyer at Dismuke Law can help you file your claim for the injuries and losses you’ve suffered. The process starts with our complimentary case review, which is our chance to get to know your case and answer your legal questions. Our Riverview personal injury lawyer is ready to get to work for you.
Financial Recovery for Golf Cart Accidents in Riverview, FL
If you or someone you love got hurt in a golf cart crash, the state of Florida allows you to recover compensatory damages from the at-fault party. Economic and non-economic losses may be recoverable in your case. Our Riverview golf cart accident attorneys have helped victims recoup damages for losses such as:
- Medical treatment
- Prescription medication
- Physical rehabilitation
- Chiropractic care
- Pain management
- Mobility aids and assistive devices
- Travel costs resulting from the accident
- Vehicle damage
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
We will review the details of your case to determine the amount of compensation you can pursue.
For a free legal consultation with a golf cart accidents lawyer serving Riverview, call 863-250-5050
Cost of a Riverview Golf Cart Accident Attorney From Dismuke Law
Our Riverview injury lawyers do not take payment upfront. We handle cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means we only charge you once we secure compensation on your behalf. This pricing arrangement allows us to put people first and build quality cases that demand fair compensation.
Riverview Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Golf Cart Accident Statute of Limitations in Riverview, FL
Golf cart accidents are generally subject to Florida’s two-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases, Florida Statutes § 95.11. You also typically have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
It may be a good idea to contact our golf cart accident lawyers in Riverview, FL as soon as you can to determine your filing deadline. Failure to meet the statute of limitations means losing your legal right to compensation.
Our Injury Lawyers Know the Laws Affecting Golf Cart Accidents Cases in Riverview, FL
The team at Dismuke Law has won more than $87 million in recovery for personal injury victims and families across Central Florida. Our team is led by board-certified civil trial lawyer David C. Dismuke, a specialist in courtroom litigation. We bring our experience in handling injury claims and our in-depth knowledge of Florida traffic laws and Hillsborough County ordinances that affect golf cart usage.
In a state like Florida where tourism and gorgeous weather abound, it’s not uncommon to take a golf cart ride as means of quick transportation to nearby destinations. Riverview is no different. Our team will assess the circumstances that led to your accident and explain how we will handle your Riverview accident case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Golf Carts Versus Low-Speed Vehicles in Riverview, FL Collision Cases
The type of vehicle involved in your accident can affect your case and the money you can recover. Not all golf carts are the same. The law differentiates between a standard golf cart and a low-speed vehicle (LSV), according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
Under Florida law, Golf carts are vehicles that:
- Cannot reach a speed of more than 20mph
- Lack vehicle safety features, such as seatbelts, headlamps, a windshield, and parking brake
- Can only be operated on roads designated for golf carts with speed limits of 30pmh or less
- Require that drivers 15 years of age have a learner’s permit and drivers 16 years old have a driver’s license
- Don’t require a title or insurance to operate
- Can only drive on sidewalks at least 8 feet wide in Hillsborough County
Low speed vehicles are four-wheeled vehicles that may look like golf carts but:
- Can travel between 20-25 mph
- Can operate on public roads if speed limit is 35 mph or less
- Require a driver’s license to operate
- Must be titled and insured with personal injury protection and property damage liability insurance
- Have a vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Require safety equipment similar to a standard vehicle to be street legal
Causes of Riverview Golf Cart Accidents
Golf cart accidents can occur due to several causes, many to do with violating state and local laws. Causes of golf cart crashes include:
- Operating a golf cart under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Allowing the operation of a golf cart by an underage driver
- Operating a golf cart without a license
- Golf cart not outfitted with legally required safety equipment
- Illegally driving on a road not suited for golf carts
- Driving on sidewalks not designated for golf carts
- Failure to obey traffic laws
We can work to prove that the liable party failed to follow Riverview’s golf cart laws. No matter how they caused your accident, you can count on our firm to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Dismuke Law’s Riverview Golf Cart Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Help You
You can’t prevent every golf cart accident, but you can get the money you need and deserve to help restore your life. Our Riverview golf cart accident lawyers are standing by to assist individuals and families in holding the negligent party responsible.
When you contact us, we will provide legal advice, answer your questions, and explain what the next steps in your case may involve. Don’t wait to get started. Call us today for a free consultation.