Your job is your livelihood. It’s how you pay your bills and keep food on the table for you and your family. But if you were hurt on the job because of someone else’s negligence, your financial independence could be at stake unless you receive compensation to cover your losses.
A Haines City workers’ compensation lawyer from Dismuke Law can handle your legal case and seek compensation on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Haines City
If you were hurt while performing your work duties, you should report your injuries to your employer. It’s best to report the accident as soon as possible, but you do have up to 30 days from the day of the accident or the day a doctor diagnoses your workplace injury to file a report, according to the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation.
Failing to report your injury could result in the denial of your claim. If your employer fails to report the accident and your injuries to the insurer, you can contact the insurer and report the claim yourself. Notifying your employer and the insurer are steps that strengthen your case for compensation if legal action becomes necessary.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Haines City, call 863-250-5050
Your Lawyer can Recover Workers’ Compensation for You in Haines City
Without compensation, workplace injuries can cause a huge financial setback. Unfortunately, despite state laws requiring them to carry workers’ compensation insurance and pay for valid claims, some employers deny claims to prevent their premiums from increasing.
If you were hurt on the job, you have a right to workers’ compensation. Our law firm primarily handles personal injury cases, including workers’ compensation cases, and we have won large settlements for our clients.
We can pursue workers’ compensation for you in Haines City, FL. The benefits you receive should cover:
- Medical care: Compensation should cover all medical, hospital, and dental costs, including any related prescription medication. Be sure not to skip any appointments since this could result in your benefits coming to a halt.
- Gas mileage: If you are traveling to your medical appointments yourself via motor vehicle, compensation also covers the cost of fuel.
- Lost income: A work injury may require you to take time off or work fewer hours until you fully recover, so compensation covers part of your lost income.
- Permanent disability: If your injury results in a disability, workers’ compensation will cover it. There are also supplementary benefits if the severity of your injury requires it.
- Death benefits: If you lost someone you love due to a workplace accident, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. Compensation may cover funeral costs and support for dependents. Our firm can pursue these benefits on your behalf so you and your family can grieve in peace without the added stress of handling a legal case.
We believe that workers like you deserve workers’ compensation if they were hurt in the workplace due to negligence. Florida is a no-fault state, which means even if the injury is your fault you are still entitled to compensation and your employer cannot fire you in retaliation for filing a claim.
Haines City Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Our Firm Can Build Your Case For Workers’ Compensation
Your case is only as strong as the attention you can give it and the knowledge you possess of the insurance system, workers’ compensation laws, and the overall process. Our firm understands the ins and outs of the system. We’ve spent years studying, training, and practicing law.
We strongly urge you to obtain legal representation if you were hurt on the job. A workers’ compensation attorney can do a lot for you and your case, including:
- Investigate the accident: We can investigate the accident and gather evidence that will strengthen your case, including medical records, video surveillance, safety reports, witness statements, and expert opinions.
- Communicate with the insurer: You don’t have to deal with the insurance company. We can do that for you while you focus on healing.
- Calculate the value of your claim: The insurer will likely make a low settlement offer that won’t adequately cover your losses. We can calculate the value of your claim to determine whether the offer is fair or not.
- Negotiate a settlement: We can enter into negotiations with the insurer in a good-faith effort to secure a fair settlement to cover your losses.
- Represent you at workers’ compensation hearings: We can represent you at all related meetings and hearings.
You don’t have to fight this battle alone. Our firm can guide you and fight for you every step of the way.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Workers’ Compensation
We understand you may want to take some time before filing a claim or lawsuit for workers’ compensation. It’s certainly a big decision. But you do have a time limit before you lose the right to take your fight to court.
Florida Statutes § 440.19 states that you have up to two years after the accident to file a lawsuit for workers’ compensation. We can work to meet the statute of limitations deadlines so you don’t lose your right to file a lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With a Workers’ Comp Ally Today
No one wants to get hurt at work, but we expect that workers’ compensation will help if we do. However, some employers and insurers seem to put profits ahead of hardworking people and their families.
David Dismuke, our founder, is an ally for working people like you and has 18 years of experience as a civil trial lawyer. If you or someone you love were hurt at work, contact Dismuke Law and “ask Dave” how a Haines City workers’ compensation lawyer can help you today.