How to Obtain a Copy of Your Traffic Crash Report
In most situations, your crash investigation will be completed the same day of your incident and your report will be ready shortly after completion. You can pay a fee and request a copy of your traffic crash report from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website.
To obtain a copy, you must provide:
- The crash date
- The county where it happened
- The last name of any party involved
- A credit card payment
Once you have everything needed and you purchase the report, you can download it immediately for use.
For a free legal consultation, call 863-250-5050
How a Lawyer Helps with a Traffic Crash Report
When a crash occurs and we need to take legal action on our client’s behalf, we use traffic crash reports to help show liability and pursue compensation. A traffic crash report should have the following information:
- Date, time, and location the accident occurred
- Description of vehicles
- Names and contact information for all parties including passengers
- Names and contact information for all witnesses
- Name and badge number of law enforcement officer investigating the collision
- Names of insurance companies for each party involved
With the right information, our team can utilize the evidence to provide insight regarding how a crash occurred and who is responsible. At Dismuke Law, PLLC, our Lakeland car accident lawyers are ready to champion your right to compensation. We’ll go above and beyond when you need it most.