Civil Trial Specialist & Former Insurance Defense Lawyer on Your Side
A bus accident can cause catastrophic injuries and may leave multiple victims wondering where they can turn to seek fair compensation for their medical bills, lost earnings, and more. The bus driver or other at-fault party may try to deny fault. The insurance company may undervalue a victim’s claim. In the face of such challenges, the best option is to involve a competent attorney. Dismuke Law stands ready to help. Led by Civil Trial Specialist Dave Dismuke, we are well-prepared to deliver the highest quality legal representation to bus accident victims across Central Florida. If you want to work with a Lakeland bus accident lawyer who will stop at nothing to seek the best outcome in your case, look no further than Dismuke Law.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accident lawyer serving Lakeland, call 863-250-5050
What Are the Chances of a Bus Crash?
Many people don’t realize just how common bus crashes really are. While your chances of being involved in a bus accident are lower than your risk of being involved in other types of motor vehicle accidents, such as those involving cars and SUVs, thousands of people are still injured and killed every year in collisions with city, school, charter, and private buses. According to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
- There were 4,889 large trucks and buses involved in crashes that resulted in death in the United States in 2017 (the latest year for which data is currently available)
- The total number of fatal large truck and bus accidents in 2017 represented an increase of 9% from the previous year
- There were approximately 116,000 large truck and bus crashes that resulted in injury in 2017, an increase of 4% from the previous year
- Between 2007 and 2017, intercity buses were involved in approximately 13% of all fatal bus crashes, school buses were involved in 40%, and transit buses were involved in 35%
- In 2017, there were 13 intercity buses and 73 school buses involved in fatal accidents; these represent the lowest recorded numbers by FARS since its founding in 1975
While these national bus accident statistics are certainly shocking, the numbers for Florida alone are even more frightening. According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle’s Annual Traffic Crash Facts report for 2018 (the latest year for which data is available):
- Bus passengers suffered 45 incapacitating injuries in bus crashes in Florida in 2018
- Florida bus passengers suffered 263 non-incapacitating injuries in bus accidents in 2018
- Bus passengers sustained 1,367 possible injuries in bus accidents in Florida in 2018
These statistics are alarming and they do not even show the number of injuries, fatalities, and wrongful deaths to others involved in bus accidents, such as the drivers and occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, or bicyclists.
Lakeland Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
Who Is at Fault in a Bus Accident?
The at-fault party in a bus accident may be one or more individuals or business entities. We work with accident reconstruction specialists, investigators, and experts in various fields to accurately determine what caused a client’s collision, so we can assign fault and pursue compensation accordingly. The following are examples of potentially at-fault parties in a bus accident:
- The driver of the bus
- The bus company
- The bus maintenance or repair company
- Another driver
- The manufacturer of a defective bus or auto part
- The party responsible for maintaining safe roadways
When you work with a Lakeland bus accident attorney at Dismuke Law, we will work diligently to identify fault so we can maximize your recovery.
Click to contact our Lakeland Personal Injury Lawyers today
Talk to a Skilled Bus Accident Attorney Today
If you were seriously injured or lost a loved one in a bus accident, do not try to attempt to handle your claim on your own. The amount of compensation you recover will directly impact your financial stability and your ability to build a better future for yourself and your family. Work with seasoned lawyers who can fully assert your rights and protect your interests.
Call or text 863-250-5050 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form