There are many ways accidents can cause serious injuries. A drunk driver could hit your vehicle, or you could slip and fall on someone else’s property. Unexpected injuries often result in unexpected medical bills. The problem becomes even thornier if you can no longer work because of your injuries.
When you get hurt because of another person’s negligence, you can seek compensation to cover your losses. A personal injury attorney from Dismuke Law can handle your legal case in Lake Wales while you recover. All you have to do is Ask Dave.
Many Personal Injuries Stem From the Negligence of Others
There are many kinds of injuries you can suffer due to someone else’s negligence, including:
- Cuts and bruises
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
Serious injuries can result in medical bills for hospitalization, surgery, tests, and emergency treatment. If you are too hurt to work, you may wonder how you’ll pay these new bills and continue to support your family.
A Lake Wales Personal Injury Lawyer Can Seek Damages For You
A personal injury attorney from our firm can pursue damages that will cover:
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Household services
- Current and future income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
In addition, if you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you could seek wrongful death damages. These damages typically cover funeral expenses, medical bills, and lost income. Naturally, you want to take time to grieve with your family. We can handle your case, so you have time to focus on more important things: you take care of your family while we take care of the legal work.
There are no caps on damages in Florida, and our firm has won multi-million dollar settlements for personal injury victims like you.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lake Wales, call 863-250-5050
Benefits of Having a Personal Injury Attorney on Your Side in Lake Wales
Our firm understands the legal process, as well as the insurance system, making us uniquely qualified to handle your personal injury case, especially since we primarily handle personal injury cases.
We strongly recommend consulting a personal injury attorney in Lake Wales after an accident so you can learn about the possible options available and choose the best path forward.
However, laying out your options isn’t the only benefit a personal injury lawyer from our firm can bring to your case. If you hire our firm, we can:
- Build your case: We can build your personal injury case by investigating the accident and gathering evidence such as medical records, police reports, safety reports, inspection logs, video camera footage, photographs, witness accounts, and expert opinions. The types of evidence available in any case will vary depending on the kind of accident and where it took place.
- Determine how much compensation is fair: Calculating the value of your claim is crucial so we can send a demand letter to the liable party and their insurer. We can also evaluate any settlement offers you receive.
- Negotiate a fair settlement: Understandably, you may not want to interact with the liable party, so we can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, and you can breathe easier.
- Represent you: We can represent you at every hearing, deposition, and court appearance so you never have to face the liable party and their legal team alone.
- Review and evaluate the settlement agreement: A settlement can be reached at any time during the process (as it’s usually desirable for both sides to settle out of court). We can review the terms of any settlement agreement with you so you can decide if you want to sign or not.
- File a lawsuit: We can prepare your personal injury case for court and present a solid case to the jury if it’s necessary to file a lawsuit. We have spent nearly two decades holding the negligent accountable and aren’t afraid to battle it out for you in court.
- Come to you: If you can’t come to our office because of your injuries, we can go to your location to listen to you and evaluate your case.
We truly care about our clients and their futures. We’ve seen all types of injuries and the impact they have on the victims who carry them. You don’t have to face this alone. Our law firm can even the playing field so that you are not without strong legal counsel. We are ready to walk you through the process and protect your rights every step of the way.
Lake Wales Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 863-250-5050
You Must Act Soon for Your Personal Injury Case
The other side would like nothing more than for you to wait too long to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. That’s because if the deadline of two years passes in your case according to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you will lose your right to seek restitution through the courts.
Consulting with us as soon as possible gives us time to build your case, and work to meet the statute of limitations.
Consult a Personal Injury Attorney in Lake Wales Today
Your case is important to us, and so are you. We can put the time and resources into your case that it deserves. At Dismuke Law, we can fight for the compensation you need to cover your losses and secure the future for you and your family.
To schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Lake Wales, or to learn more, contact our office online and Ask Dave today.